[softwarelist] Re: Importing EPSs with TIFF preview (Ovation Pro for RISC OS)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:01:29 +0000

In message <4ea9ed0d9cmailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Newble <mailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Thanks for all that, very interesting.

What I did was take your two EPS files and save from the TIFF start marker to the end. That should give me a TIFF file which I can try loading into suitable programs.

The DOC7 version gave me a good TIFF, the DOC8 gave me a bad TIFF - even Adobe Photoshop Elements tells me it is a bad TIFF file.

I believe that OP will when loading an EPS file use the transloader system to handle the TIFF preview. ISTR some weeks ago someone had problems with EPS files which were a result of the TIFF filter not being installed correctly.

In other words quite a bit of technology is used on the TIFF, the filters for RISC OS and Windows use the same code as DPScan. It is not just a small TIFF loader that does not understand the MM and II headers.

Changing the MM to II does not help - i.e. in the derived TIFF files.

Have you managed to load either these TIFF files into any program? or get the preview from the EPS to display in any program?