[softwarelist] Re: Import text to Ovation Pro with basic stye information

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:53:24 +0100

In message <481F5365.3070508@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Ben-Gershon <mybg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I want to import text to Ovation Pro with basic styles.
Something like commands to right or left justify lines of text.
Is there any way to do this? I have thought about doing it via Impression DDF, but that is more complicated than I want:

I'd think DDF was pretty simple, the other obvious option is OP DDL - mark some text and save it as DDL to get the idea.

There is somewhere an HTML import filter.

(http://www.heyrick.co.uk/software/ovhtmlwin.html)

Plan B would be to use macro commands - look at some of the macro definitions.

You could of course write your own filter, whatever format you want in, and OP DDL out. It only has to be a command line program with two arguments - in and out file names.

If I had 3 styles define in OPro, 'left' 'right' and 'centre' and I set them up with 'line' scope and there was some way to embed them into imported text, that would be ideal.

OP DDL I think would do that, probably the snag is that DDL wants text strings quoting and then things like styles in {}'s

{addstyle  "bold"} "Hello World" {remstyle "bold"}

something like that.