[softwarelist] Re: !Ignore dictionary and OPro for Windows.

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:39:05 +0100

On 28 Sep 2014  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Peter,

> On 28/09/2014 15:44, Peter Young wrote:
>> Am I right in thinking that OPro for Windows doesn't use the !Ignore

> Yes and no. Or I don't know. Windows and RISC OS versions use a
> different format for dictionaries, that may mean that the Ignore
> dictionary (within documents) can't be moved between platforms but will
> be used on each platform.

The Windows version offers to save words in an !Ignore directory, but
if I do save them this they don't get remembered the next time I load
the file. I quite understand about the Windows dictionaries being in a
different format.

> You can probably save the Ignore dictionary as a text file on Windows,
> and then import it on RISC OS.

Well, no. Under Misc > Spellcheck > Dictionary in Windows I only get
offered !MainDict. As I mentioned in the original post. it's not that
important. I just wanted to confirm that I hadn't done something
wrong. I just now save the offending words to the Windows !MainDict.

Thanks, and best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Re) and family