[softwarelist] Re: IdxPro

  • From: JMAH van Vredenburch <janvredenburch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 21:48:32 +0200

In message <4ee3fa117cjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> I discovered that trying to use a second document whole indexing (in my
> case your guide notes), or opening a new view, caused OPro to crash.

That is correct. You must open the "New View" before opening the
IdxPro window. The problem is known.

[snip some more]

> In fact, I found that quite apart from the hassle of moving to the right
> marker, every edit was taking a minute from button click to being available
> to move on.  (I don't know how typical this is.  The file is 25M, with
> about 350 index entries and I am using Iyonix.)

One of the rare occasions I use a windoze machine. There updating goes
very much faster. The time needed also depends on the amount of styles
you apply to your entries.

> So I gave up and manually edited the initial index that
> IDXPro had produced.  .........

So did I, but that was before OPwin existed.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that one day a new, better,
indexing utility appears for OvPro. I believe at least GBP35,= for
such an update is more than worthwhile....

--
Greetings,
JohnvV