[softwarelist] Re: How do I get TransFSI to work?

  • From: Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 13:05:00 +0100

In message <9d3c3c8b4f.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am stuck trying to get TransFSI to do what it seems is its purpose.  I
> have found this problem before but today decided to explore a bit.

> I have TransFSI in the Applets directory inside the RISC OS version of
> Ovation; it is version 1.01 dated 23 Dec 2002.  I have:

>   1. Created a blank Ovation document.

>   2. Dragged a JPEG file to the Ovation window: nothing appears.

>   3. Converted the JPEG file to Sprite and dragged that to the Ovation
>      window and it appears.

> The conversion in (3) of JPEG to Sprite was done using DPlngScan, so
> something is working.

> If it is relevant, !ChangeFSI is in the main Utilities directory.

> I am using a Iyonix with RISC OS 5.13. OPro is 2.77.

> I have put an example JPEG file, a mere 60K, at:

>   http://www.southfarm.plus.com/Manuscripts/Intro-Rulewater-0001.jpg

> Any suggestions, anyone?

I have !TransFSI in !Boot.Resources and !ChangeFSI in Utilities.
Iyonix and OvPro exactly as yours.

OvPro loads JPEGS when they are dragged into a frame.

However ... your file: Intro-Rulewater-0001/jpg (50K) seems to load
but is invisible!
a visible image; saving as a JPEG (22K!) gives a file which is a
visible image.

The problem may be this particular JPEG; and/or where you have put
!TransFSI

Hope this helps.
Roger Foden