[softwarelist] Re: Hearsay 2.24 (for free and on the Pi)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:44:24 +0000

Hi,

In message <PmLW$uKF8TtQFwhP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I've built a Raspberry Pi computer in the last week, and tested Hearsay
on it.

I wonder where discussion of RISC OS Pi takes place - ROOL forum seemed a bit advanced. I'd like it to boot in 800x600 mode and it keeps going back to one with a lot more pixels.

I got a Mac Mini today - as chance has had it I have never laid hands on a Mac until now, I've not even seen one since the mid 80s. Very stylish. The default terminal emulator is not as good as Hearsay... so that is one up to the Pi (pity the web browser is not as good as Safari).

Does this mark a turning point for me...