[softwarelist] Re: Hearsay 2.24 (for free and on the Pi)

  • From: Brian Carroll <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:59:45 +0000 (GMT)

In article <PcG2hNMxUotQFwSx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling
<flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[ ... ]

> Bernard - thanks for the advice. I'll have to check which RISC
> OS version is on the Pi (Hmm what happens to my stuff on the
> current SD card when  I upgrade).

I found the same as Bernard.  The RISC OS version, as reported
from Info on the Raspberry Switcher, is the same.  I thint even
the file dates match.

When you update the version, ie, the complete SD card contents,
you lose everything you hve installed and tweaked, including
Config settings and data files.  So you need to restore from a
backup, or use a new SD card and restore from the old if you can
find a way of reading the SDFS partition (I have not).  However,
I successfully formatted a normal memeory stick  using SCSIFS
(now included in HForm), and used that for a backup. An
alternative is to use ShareFS to backup to another machine but I
have doubts about its reliabillity and it is slow.

Brian.