[softwarelist] Re: Hearsay 2.24 (for free and on the Pi)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:37:23 +0000

Hi,

In message <887be8f552.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Crashes on my Beagle -Xm with 5.19 dated 28th Nov 12

Thanks Doug.

I've done the crash report thing previously, Hearsay calls block driver, bang.

Does this mean I have to get a Beagle... I wonder if telnet works on the Beagle at all. Does it works via block drivers - that raises the question of has anyone tried the other data comms programs.

The rival to Hearsay was ArcTerm 7 from Hugo Fiennes, I guess he is busy working for Apple these days. There was a BBC Basic version, ArcTerm 5, but I think there were others - Connector springs to mind.

I believe there is another telnet block, one that Hugo wrote.