[softwarelist] Re: Hard spaces

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 08:35:41 +1000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <482E75A7.3080301@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Is there a easy way to insert a hard space in a OVpro Windows document
Its in the line that I am concerned about, I do not want them expanded with full justification some words need to have a hard space between not lot of arbitrary space.

Have a look at the Misc->Insert menu

Firstly there is "hard space", but there is also "fixed space..." this will let you insert spaces that are non-breaking but which also do not get expanded with justification.

It is explained in the documentation.

The same features are in the RISC OS version.

So there is not a means of inserting a hard space with a short cut key or a menu item in a line other then going through and setting up each individual space from a table.

--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, New South Wales