[softwarelist] Re: Halftone scanning

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:16:17 GMT

In message of 28 Nov, Dave Barnett <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In a recent message David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> > Dan made a good point. Moire patterning can also be due to the
> > monitor screen - the magnify tool in DPscan has a button "rational"
> > which gets rid of such effects by displaying one image pixel per
> > screen pixel.
> >
> That has no effect.  Increasing dpi above 100 increases problem.  I am
> happy with results for this image.
>
> OT ?   One thing that I have found for DPscan is that increasing the
> 'Next' bar on the Task display reduces the incidence of 'Type 5'
> errors.

I would expect that the above problem and resolution only applies to
screen images.  When you print, there should be a significant
improvements at 300 dpi compared to 100 dpi.   (Unless your printer is a
dot-matrix and restricted to 80 or so dpi.)

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/