[softwarelist] Re: Fusion 3, Windows 7, OPW and mouse speed problem

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 20:27:03 +0000
On 31 Dec 2009, at 18:14, David Pilling wrote:

> In message <E4A6D91B-188D-4B09-8474-8A7AC2E8DC7F@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall
> <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes
>> I thought I had narrowed this down to a problem with VMware Fusion 3.
>> However, another user in Texas ran the OPW demo on an identical
>> hardware/software setup and reports:
>
> It is interesting to hear how the program looks to someone not used to it.
>
>> mouse is as responsive as anything else.  Actually I did close one of the
>> floating windows as well but I can't seem to find it again
>
> At first I thought he meant the info palette and/or toolbox.
>
>> This prompts me to ask about the "floating windows". From memory, these are
>> Colours and Styles.
>
> They're provided by applets. The way to bring them back is to go to the
> applets menu, and click on the appropriate entries.
>
> To let Texas into a secret, settings for applets are stored on disc and
> uninstalling the program does not get rid of them. From that point it sounds
> like you're right and he does mean the colour and style windows.
>
> It would be interesting to know if opening these windows makes the problem
> come back, but they really should have no bearing on the matter.
>
> You can either just not have the style/colour windows open, or you could make
> the applets inactive which gets rid of their menu entries.

Thanks for the clarification. Opening and closing colour/style palettes makes
no discernible difference to mouse behaviour here. So, cause and effect remain
a mystery. Anyway, not a big problem for me ... I've given up on Windows 7 for
the time being, because I can't get it connect to the Internet via the MacBook
Pro (no such problems with XP, however).