[softwarelist] Fusion 3, Windows 7, OPW and mouse speed problem

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:50:33 +0000

I thought I had narrowed this down to a problem with VMware Fusion 3. However,
another user in Texas ran the OPW demo on an identical hardware/software setup
and reports:

"I did see some initial mouse slowdown when the program [OPW] opened in a very
small window (which it keeps doing).  When I maximized the window, the mouse is
as responsive as anything else.  Actually I did close one of the floating
windows as well but I can't seem to find it again, even uninstalling and
re-installing the program.  Since I closed that, nothing I do can slow down the
i-beam cursor using a wireless mighty mouse.  I've turned on rulers,
registration marks, etc and everything works on Win7 x64."

This prompts me to ask about the "floating windows". From memory, these are
Colours and Styles. I long ago changed the behaviour of my OPW installation so
that it opened fullscreen with no floating windows ... don't remember how I did
that, now. Do the floating windows fulfil any special purpose (other than the
obvious)? By stopping them appearing at startup, have I inadvertently created
the mouse speed issue? Apologies in advance if this is a daft question.