[softwarelist] Re: From Word tables to OPRo (RISC OS)?

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:01:43 GMT

In message <b98552f850.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <2b300ff850.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I have just been sent a document with a fairly complex Word table
>> included. I've solved the immediate problem by creating a couple of
>> hundred closely spaced frames and importing the text individually to
>> each.

>> I'm hoping for the future there might be a better way.

> I can only think of one way to do that without losing style
> information: Import the file into EasiWriter and export a Draw file
> from there. That retains all style attributes applied to text inside
> the table and it also supports advanced features like pictures in
> table cells and nested tables inside table cells.

That sounds useful.

Unfortunately the version I have doesn't manage that - maybe it's
because it is 7.11, dated 2000.

Writer on the Iyonix can't handle it either.

Maybe I need an upgrade...

Is the resulting draw file vector graphics? I've been caught out by
other software exporting in what should be a vector format, but
actually producing an embedded bitmap.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx