[softwarelist] From Word tables to OPRo (RISC OS)?

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 21:34:46 GMT

I have just been sent a document with a fairly complex Word table
included. I've solved the immediate problem by creating a couple of
hundred closely spaced frames and importing the text individually to
each.

I'm hoping for the future there might be a better way.

I have a Windows PC with VRPC. So far I've

opened the document with Open Office
Exported the text as CSV
Loaded it into PipeDream.
  While it imports, each cell of the original had word-wrapped text.
Exported as PDF
  OPro won't import pdf.
Copied the table from Writer, and pasted it into Calc (Open Office
spreadsheet)
Enabled Word Wrap
Resized vertically
Saved as Excel 97
Loaded into ViewXLS
Saved as Draw
Imported to OPRo.

While it works, it is horribly slow to display.

Would Tablemate help here, and is it available to run on an Iyonix?
While I can see it listed on CJE's website, there isn't much
information.

I had started thinking about writing something to take a csv file,
work out its structure, and export DDL. Am I re-inventing a wheel
here?

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx