[softwarelist] Re: Frame overlap type 5 crashes

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:41:19 +0000 (GMT)

In article <jtPk9DBL$9iFFwIZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >I thought I had got the hang of avoiding this problem, by ensuring that
> >when two frames with non zero corner radius overlap, one has radius 5mm
> >and the other 5.01mm.  Does anyone recognise the symptoms?

> Sounds like the well known bug in Ovation Pro which after 15 years I
> have (scandalously) failed to fix.

> I don't think you need to look any further.

But you snipped the key bit of my message:

" ... including some when frames with 0mm radius corners overlap those
with 5mm radius corners, which never caused a problem before."

I understood the long standing bug only related to overlap of frames with
the same, non-zero radius.  That's all I experienced before.  I have used
lots of frames with zero radius over the top of frames with 5mm radius
before, and never had a problem until now.

John

--
John Harrison -  http://www.jaharrison.me.uk
Message sent from a British built Iyonix PC running RISC-OS 5