[softwarelist] Re: Frame justification

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 20:07:46 +0100

In message <187B4AB5-C451-48CF-8F4A-4590FADD19BB@xxxxxxxxxx>
Peter Newble <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9 Jul 2015, at 19:35, Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I created a document with 8 frames on the master page . . .

. . . I selected them all, and changed for alignment to Centre.
The first, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th are vertically centred when displayed
in the main document. The other three are top aligned.

I've tried changing then individually. They already show align:centre.
They don't change when I close the master page editor. Changing them
individually to bottom align has no effect.

In my experience, with both RISC OS and Windows versions as long as I
can remember, vertical alignment to either centre or bottom doesn’t
always work. Try changing First Line alignment for the frames between
the options of Accent, Ascender and Fit. At least one of these should
cause vertical alignment to work, even if it isn’t exactly what you
would have chosen otherwise.

Thanks for the suggestion. However it didn't work.

I tried changing all of the frames together to each of the 4 options
in turn. No difference.

I then tried changing just frame 2 in turn to each option. Now it
seems to display even closer to the top than before, but that could be
my imagination.

Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.nckc.org.uk/