[softwarelist] Font sizes in OvPro

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:18:00 +0100

In article <5091d186acrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   rod a <rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In OvnPro on RiscPC, which I use several times a day, I use the
> font-size menu at the foot of the page on the right.

> My question: is it possible to add more options than the seven offered
> - or failing that can one alter the choices offered?

Ah!  I suspect that would require significant re-programming -- but await
David Pilling's comments on this.

> Reason: While I seldom use 36pt (and could easily type that in when
> needed) I often need 16pt and would prefer that on the list.

Two answers here:

1.  If this is an occasional requirement, then it is easy enough to use
the "enter own point size" option (as one might call it) at the bottom of
that menu.  Remember that it is necessary to press Enter to accept that
value.

2.  If this is a regular occurrence, it is probably most useful to set up
a style (in a blank document) with an obvious name that contains just this
point size and nothing else.  If such a document is then saved as
"default", that style will be available in all new documents.

That is how I'd do it -- and indeed have done something similar myself.
It works perfectly!

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!