[softwarelist] Re: Font?

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:18:06 +0100
On 25 Aug 2010, at 22:24, Dave Symes wrote:

> In article <8E1A86D7-C589-4EC1-9902-F8541080A017@xxxxxxxx>,
>   Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 25 Aug 2010, at 21:47, David Pilling wrote:
>
>>> In message <514c7d3981dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> writes
>>>
>>> You might like to know that Windows can use PostScript fonts direct.
>>>
>>> I feel this subject has come up before - which means look at the
>>> archives, Google. But anyone who knows the answer, feel free to post
>>> it.
>
>> Windows XP certainly has PostScript Type 1 support.
>
> So, just how do you get a PS font out of DrFonty.

No idea, I'm afraid. I don't own a copy of DrFonty, and the demo version has
<Save> disabled. If you look in the DrFonty Help files under "The Save Menu",
it has something about PostScript, saving, and transferring the fonts to
Windows ... it witters on about Adobe Type Manager (ATM) and so it may have
been written in pre-XP days.
CB