[softwarelist] Re: Font?

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 06:45:09 +0100

In article <43407d4c51.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snippy]
> Works for me on the Iyonix, Netsurf,

> Alan

I'm glad DrFonty works okay for you Alan, but how exactly are you getting
the PS font saved out?

Saving out RISC OS fonts is okay, and doesn't crash DrFonty.

I've just tried DrFonty on a RO 4.39 system and it doesn't crash out, so I
guess it's another application  ...... by RISC OS 6.

But I'd still like to know how I get a PS font that windows will recognise
out of DrFonty, even running it on 4.39?

Despite what it might say in the manual, no file out of DrFonty PS save
Is accepted by Windows Font manager... It wants a PFM file to accompany the
PFB file.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid