[softwarelist] Finding position info using O-Pro scripts

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:43:26 +0000

I've not really considered what can be done with the script language in
O-Pro before, but have been looking into writing an applet to scan a
document and calculate bounding boxes around pieces of text in specific
styles (effectively like an indexer, but recording where those references
appear on the page, instead of what pages they're on).

The problem is that I can't immediately see anything in the script language
that will allow me to do this directly.  Since the method of scanning the
document seems to be to read text from the caret, I would guess that I need
to be able to get the caret's location on the page, or location within the
current frame.

Is anything like this possible, or is what I'm considering too complex for
the script language?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/