[softwarelist] Re: File problems

  • From: Bernard G Hill <berni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:07:04 +0000

Hi,

Can anyone help with running OP under Wine on Linux?

When I attempt to run OP I always get the following error message:
Invalid name
(FindFirstFile)(123)
(<HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\DavidPilling\OvationPro\>\Colours\*.*)

The file 'Colours' is present.

It is quite likely that my system is not correctly set up.

Any help with this would be much appreciated; but help must be in the
form of a blow by blow account of the steps I need to take.

I find that the printing output from Scribus is a bit weak in that
multiple pages on one sheet and pamphlet printing and the like are not
supported. How I would love OP to be a native Linux program. In any
case, I find Scribus much more difficult to use as many other things
which are easy to accomplish in OP, I cannot do or find very difficult
with Scribus. The main attraction of Scribus is PDF output.

I would be very happy to pay for the WinOP version but must be able to
run on Linux. I am pretty sure that someone is running OP under Linux.

Thanks in advance.
Berni.