[softwarelist] File problems

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:28:07 +0000 (GMT)

I had an interesting OvPro problem today.

I've been doing some disk house keeping this past week, to both the Hds on
this SARPC.
Today I opened a quite old backup directory containing an OvPro file and a
copy of that file.

Double clicked... A bit of HD activity then nothing, computer completely
frozen, no escape with Alt-Break... needed the reset button.

Tried a couple of times, but freezer every time on both the main file and
the backup.

Dragged the file to Zap, it displayed in Zap, so it wasn't a filer
problem, but just wouldn't work with my OvPro (V 2.77).

Shoved it across the entwork to the XP machine and Win OvPro it loaded
straight away, with just one font substitution (The font does exist on the
RO machine).
Examined the file, it is something I need, so I do a Save back... Trundle
my chair to the other end of the desk and wohay! the file will now load
into the RO OvPro.

I still have no idea what was causing the problem, but pleased it's
resolved.

Cheers
Dave S

PS: The original file was created in OvPro 2.55 Nov 1999.