[softwarelist] Re: !Fetch_NS and SparkFS

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:55:03 +0100

Hi,

In message <531e2c7f53.Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steve Joyce <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I've tried to use Fetch_NS to keep my copy of NetSurf updated. It has
worked sometimes, but often errors, being unable to extract the new
NetSurf from the zip file.

What's the error...?

The thing I can think of is getting SparkFS to accept the "right" type for zip files. You can change a line in the !Boot file. The problem is that originally zip files had the same type (DDC) as other archives, then we had the bright idea of giving them their own type. SparkFS can be configured both ways, and ot course other software may choose one type or the other.