[softwarelist] Re: Embedded objects in DDL files

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Pilling \(softwarelist\)" <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 15:28:25 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Pilling" <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 1:49 PM
Subject: [softwarelist] Re: Embedded objects in DDL files

In message <001301c72d0d$88762f60$9601a8c0@PC01>, John Grogan <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Two possible thoughts:
(a) could DDL be changed to allow in-line definitions e.g.
    {embed {line <..data..>}}

That works on the Windows version. It fits in with the syntax and it made life a lot easier when handling embedded graphics in RTF files.

Hello, David,

Thanks for your reply.  In-line definitions would in fact be simplest
for me to implement in my software creating DDL files - I would
imagine for the same reason that you found this best for RTF.

Guess what the next question is!  Any chance of adding this to
the list of RiscOS enhancements?

Regards
John Grogan