[softwarelist] Re: Default font

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:45:14 +0100

On 5 Sep 2009  Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <d0adff9550.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 5 Sep 2009  Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Hi

>>> I had all this sorted out and then my HD crashed. I want to change the
>>> default font from Trinity to Hometon and I can remember how, could
>>> please show me step by step how to do it,

>> Start a new document, set the font to the size of Homerton you want,
>> and then menu over the document, Save > Save as default.

> Did that but it did not work! The next document came up as usual in
> Trinity 12 pts. 8-(

Sorry, that comes of relying on unreliable memory (cue quote from
Clement Freud) :-(

Steve is right; you need to edit the Bodytext style in the document,
to show Homerton as the font, before saving as default. I've just done
it, and it works.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Yb       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.