[softwarelist] Re: Default Stationery

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:19:09 +0100

On 20 Aug 2010  charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <5149bc9bbedave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, It's enough to drive one back to booze...

>> Lets illustrate with an actual example.
>> I have an RTF out of Publisher in this case, but could be anything,
>> filetyped RFT

>> If I drop this on the OvPro icon bar icon it will open the rtf in an OvPro
>> document window...Oh goody or NOT.

>> OvPro opens in some strange sized piece of stationery that is (for my
>> purposes) quite useless.(Nothing I've created) (Probably the internal
>> default)

>> Why doesn't it open in MY default document, the one that resides in
>> OvnResDir?

> This not the fault of OvPro.  !MakeRTF is an add-on.

But MakeRTF is an add-on to /Export/ RTF from OPro, which it doesn't
do very well, BTW (it was never finished). Dave's problem is
/importing/ RTF.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Lu       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.