[softwarelist] DP's software disagreeing with !FullNames

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:47:52 +0100

Someone on a mailing list pointed me in the direction of Andrew
Booker's app !FullNames from http://www.ajb121.net/riscos/

From its help file:

"if you keep the mouse still over a file that has been pinned to the
pinboard (or a TinyDirs icon) that has had its name truncated with
'...', the full filename will be displayed." In fact, it does this,
with RISC OS 5.** even if the name isn't truncated. This suits my
rather chaotic way of working perfectly.

Today I had a couple of OPro files pinned, and found that !FullNames
gives only the leaf name; I then tried pinning a jpg file displayed
with DPlngScan, and the same thing happened! As far as I can see,
files from all other apps behave as they should when pinned. Is there
an explanation for this difference in behaviour between David's apps'
files and the others, I wonder?

TIA,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Lu       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.