[softwarelist] Re: DPlngScan crashing; memory problem?

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:01:21 +0100

On 20 Sep 2011  Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> This morning, I have rotated and saved a whole lot of files with no
> problem. (The son-in-law takes a lot of photos in portrait format,
> which the otherwise invaluable !showJPEG doesn't automatically rotate,
> unlike IrfanView on Windows.) Many thanks, David, for putting me on
> the right path.

Just remembered another oddity. Today, the rotations seemed to take a
lot less time, and I slowly realised that yesterday, before I made the
change, the hourglass during the rotation was counting from 0% to 100%
twice, whereas today it was only once. I have no idea what this means,
but perhaps it might give a pointer to why the crashes happened?

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.