[softwarelist] DPScan RISC OS Armv7 version 1.25 14th. April 2010

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:52:01 +0100

Hi,

Following on the from the Arm v7 versions of Ovation Pro and SparkFS, comes the equivalent for my scanning software:

http://www.davidpilling.com/sc125.zip

!DPlngScn etc.

I think this was originally reported as working. However it is a good example of where problems lie with ARM v7. A lot of the program is concerned with protocols and code which comes from PC land where they like to use 16 bit integers. This is exactly where it goes wrong - TWAIN, TIFF, PNG and JPEG. A simple recompile has fixed all the problems.

From this point of view Ovation Pro was a fluke - it doesn't use 16 bit words.

I have also fixed the Epson scanner driver and TWAIN manager - again the 16 bits in the TWAIN protocol and a recompile. I'm not sure how much interest there will be in these items - so they're not on my web site. Seems quite amazing to me that scanning works - USB of course. Given the messing about that has gone on with scanner drivers you're best sticking with what works, don't think that upgrading might be fun.

Again, thanks to 'tank' for assistance with sorting this out.

Am I going to have to go through everything like this - I'm hoping not.

--
David Pilling
email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx