[softwarelist] Re: DPScan + ARMini -> crash?

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:15:14 +0100

Hi David

In article <mBfs2TIw6kEOFwmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

> I'd appreciate some tests later, and I can imagine sorting this out
> is going to be lengthy, so don't want to exhaust goodwill at this
> stage, but does it still go wrong if you save to RAM disc, or to
> another application.

I'll have a look at some of these possibilities later today. I am
quite happy to be a tester for you.

In terms of OS, the version on the ARMini is dated sometime in Jan
2010 (machine not on at the moment) - so is effectively RISC OS 5.16.
However, although he is a bit 'cagey', Andrew has warned against
upgrading the OS to the latest incarnation because there have
apparently been some custom changes to make it work on the ARMini
(BeagleXM).

The filesystem is effectively SCSIFS over USB. The main 'drive' is an
8 or 16 GB 'pen drive'. It is interesting to note that I have been
having some issues with a SATA drive (through a SATA>USB i/f) and
even when the main filer is taken out completely, ShareFS is still
fully functional. Anyway, I'll have a play later on - we're now back
to more normal Scottish weather so not such an incentive to be out of
doors.

--
        Chris Johnson