[softwarelist] Re: DPLngScan for Windows

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:30:23 +0000 (GMT)

In article <ea1e0ceb50.farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <516b00ea50.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > David Pilling  wrote on 15 Feb:
> >> I'd probably add a batch mode to
> >> DPScan. I guess there are command line utilities on RISC OS?

> > Rob Davison's !BatchFSI:  www.compo.iconbar.com/misc.htm

> or Jochen Lueg's FSI_Batch available at
> http://www.jochenlueg.freeuk.com/english/software.htm

> The only problem I've come across is if the target directory (for the
> resized images) is too deep - keep it in the first three levels and it
> is fine.

I'm confused...
Considering my Subject line is: DPLngScan for >>Windows<<, and the
Spritefiles are now on a Win PC, I'm not quite sure why a number of RO
options (Of which BTW. I'm aware) are being suggested.

Aside from the Alt+F+S (which I'd forgotten about) it seems with the
filetype problem, I'm going to die of boredom anyway, which was something
I was hoping to avoid by taking the files to a very fast Win PC rather
than attempt the operation on a slow SARPC.

Dave

BTW. I don't see how !BatchFSI would be of any use, as via CFSI it only
outputs Sprites or Jpegs, and Jpegs are absolutley not what I want.

And neither would !FSI_Batch, and that's aside from the fact they run
under the wrong OS.
D.

--

Dave Triffid