[softwarelist] Re: DPLngScan for Windows

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:40:32 +0000

Hi,

In message <50e9a0efd5dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I have a directory of Sprites I've tranferred en-block to my Very fast Win
PC.
I want to convert them all to another Win usable format, like PNG or
similar, that in itself is no problem as PlngScan for Windows does that
okay.

I think you're probably stuck with what you've got.

I do think the behaviour of the file type in the save window can be irritating. A batch mode or some way of calling the program from the command line (and hence script files) would be a good thing.

Windows does let you use ALT + letter abbreviations for menu options that don't have explicit underlined letters. So ALT + F + S gets to the save window.

You probably could script things using the Windows equivalent of keystroke.

If I was faced with this problem. I'd probably add a batch mode to DPScan. I guess there are command line utilities on RISC OS?