[softwarelist] Re: DDL too big for text editors

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:24:48 +0100

In message <4fb44c76eflists@xxxxxxxx>, "lists (ww)" <lists@xxxxxxxx> writes

I have a 60KB OPro document of 7xA5 pages.

Saved as OPro = 59MB
Misc,min memory = 54MB
DDL = 75MB

but I can't open the DDL in Zap, Edit or StrongArm (sp) to check it.

What do you recommend?
Make two identical files and delete half the pages?

Depends how much RAM your machine has, if it is more than 75MB, then free it up by quitting applications etc.

If you don't have 75MB, and perhaps it would make sense to do this anyway because 75MB is an awful lot of stuff to look at, I'd reference any images. Presumably the bulk comes from bitmap images.