[softwarelist] Re: CrossStar problem with ARMini resolved

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 19:32:43 GMT

On 2 Dec 2011  Chris Hughes <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <vJFuUVHSCP2OFwHs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> In message <56802f3b52.chris@xxxxxxxx>, Chris Hughes
>> <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>>It launches fine to icon bar, and lists all the Dictionaries in !Word
>>>but will only display the contents of !MainDict, you can select any of
>>>the others and its just displays  a empty dictionary window (saying
>>>!MainDict in window bar).

>> Do those dictionaries contain anything?

> Yes - checked by trying to edit them

>> There is also the thing I said earlier, Spell caches dictionaries, so it
>> does not notice if those present on disc change, and "present on disc"
>> means present in the location Spell looks, changing the location by
>> booting other copies of !Words will also give this effect of it knowing
>> about dictionaries which it can't access.

> Only one copy of !Words on computer

>> Quit and re-run Spell should resolve these problems.

> Nope

Just a belated thought. Do you, Chris, have DataPower running at the
same time as Speak? Even though I don't use the spell-check options in
DataPower (these use !Words) I have learned not to use MPro's
EmailEdit when or after I've used DataPower, as I get unpredictable
crashes of EmailEdit when I use its spell-checker. OPro seems to be
immune to this.

Andrew at RComp and Alan Wrigley are aware of this, and are baffled by
it, but I just wonder if something similar could be causing Chris's
problem.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.