[softwarelist] Re: CrossStar problem.

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:16:21 +0000

Hi,

In message <8c05393952.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Just had a thought. It looks as if CrossStar will crash when given any
word with an initial letter /d and after/!

How do you mean "!"?

I've had a look. There was an ARMv7 fix to the dictionary code on Ovation Pro, but (joke) it turns out that I got that code right on CrossStar when I did the 32 bit port. So there's no bug to fix.

I have recompiled CrossStar for ARMv7 and sent Peter a copy.

I suppose I would try removing all my dictionaries and replacing them with known good ones, see if the bug occurs and then reintroduce your own dictionaries.

I tried your example d**r*a and nothing happens, because that word (whatever it is) is not in my dictionary.

First thing though is see if the new version crashes.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK