[softwarelist] Re: CrossStar

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 07:01:07 +0000 (GMT)

In article <1888079c4e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snippy]
> You should rejoice in the opportunity to do something new and useful to
> the rest of mankind.  Think of Napier when he invented slide rules and
> log tables: it must have taken him years to do all the sums for all the
> numbers.  But Napier must have rejoiced in doing this, though he may not
> have seen quite how useful it was going to be for much of the next 400
> years. I cannot believe he would have completed such a project if he was
> in a continued self-aggrandising grump.

No, well yes, erm! The silly b could have save himself a lot of bovver, if
he'd invented a computer instead, I mean a proper computer, rather than a
loada tables.

Then we get to "self aggrandising grump". Whooowooo! big phrases.

Actually, I'll let you into a secret... It's all part of the process, part
of being a grump means, it's about Me, me me me me me me me!

So we get into some me conjugation.

You annoy me, They annoy me, She annoys me, He annoys me, The cat annoys
me... The list is very long because *almost* everything annoys me.

The noise an Oyster make annoys me.
Blimey... Even I annoy me.

Of course the degree of annoyance varies with each category, and if we are
working on a 1 to 10 scale, then things like software writers who write
applications, take the money and never finish the product (Oregano 1 and 2
for example) their scale value would probably be 999 out of 10.

Some folks here wouldn't ever show on the scale, as I find them helpful,
charming and witty.

Mr Pilling for example would never present on the annoyance scale, whereas
a few others would be way up in the 8/10 area.

As for me, myself, I... in most instances I put myself at 7/10 on the
annoyance scale, it would be nice to put myself as 10/10 but that really
would be living up to your kind epithet.

GD  ;-)