[softwarelist] Re: Creating a new page in a document

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:53:16 +0100

I've moved to a VRPC installation after my RiscPC died. OvPro does not
now create a new page when the 'Enter' key is pressed. Is this because
VRPC treats 'Enter' and 'Return' keys as the same?

Ctrl-P

I'm also trying to switch to using OvPro after years of CCs Publisher,
but I'm struggling to create a document where each line is underlined
for the full width of the page. I used 'Rules' in Publisher to achieve
this, but there is no equivalent in OvPro. I've tried to use a light
background tint, but that stops at the last character on the line - I
want it to go to the end of the line. Changing the scope to line or
paragraph doesn't change the result.

1. Use TableMate to create a table with only one column and only horizontal lines visible. 2. Use Draw to create a background image and space your lines at e.g. 5mm then set the leading on your text to 5mm. Put the background image on the master page if you want every page the same.

Underlining is just the same - it stops when the text stops.

Pad out the line with hard spaces (Alt-space) ?

I've also tried a background image (drawfile) with horizontal lines,
but that was a painful exercise, trying to get the lines and text in
the correct positions.

See above

Any other ideas!

John Grogan