[softwarelist] Re: Crash when rounding corners

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:07:52 +0100

I have found a very odd fault.  When I edit two frames with coincident
upper right corners to 5mm radius, O-Pro crashes.
Has anyone come across anything like this?

Effectively it is a known problem, OP has some short comings in the way it calculates the area to flow text around shaped frames. It is not document corruption, it is just the shapes and their relative positions.

In addition, after each test with my original document, I found that O-Pro
took an extra chunk of dynamic area (most 9MB, and one 16MB) so after a few
attempts, it ran out.

Just orphaned dynamic areas, it is a common occurrence, when any program that uses a dynamic area crashes. There are free utilities available that will let you delete these areas.

-- David Pilling email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web: http://www.davidpilling.net post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5 1LR UK fax: +44(0)870-0520-941