[softwarelist] Re: Corrupted OPW file

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:32:18 +0000

In message <4904B832.4070609@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes

Brilliant, that does it. Thank you very much ... you've just saved me at least a day's work! Interestingly, opening the problem file with <Check documents after loading> switched off, then re-saving it with a different file name, seems to have created a file that is OK. Time will tell.

The best thing I've done is to tell you the document has been changed.

I'd be wondering what the change was. Saving documents in DDL format will allow the many tools for comparing text files to be used on them.

Save as DDL then load the DDL will also clean up any corruption in document structure.

Beyond that, I hope everyone knows that bytes in files on Windows change randomly, and its not the sort of system to run nuclear power plants, or keep important data on 8-)