[softwarelist] Re: Copying a Jpeg graphic to the Clipboard on Win OvPro

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 16:18:24 +0100

In article <52ac988a0dchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <52ac87d812dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I can copy and paste a graphic from one OvPro document to another
> > OvPro document.

> > I cannot copy a graphic from a Windows Ovation Pro document (To the
> > global clipboard) and paste into a similar type application.

> Are you sure Paul isn't on the right track. I don't use Win OPro, but
> on ROS, when you copy and paste a frame with a graphic, it is the
> frame that is copy/pasted, not the independent graphic. This is true
> whether it is a separate frame or an embedded graphic. If Windows
> operates its clipboard in a similar way, very few apps, if any, will
> be able to paste an OPro frame containg a graphic - they won't know
> how to extract the actual graphic data.

> On RISC OS you cannot copy/paste an OPro graphic frame into an
> Impression document or TechWriter document and vice versa. I have
> just tried it now.

Yes, yes, I think more seasoned RO users are aware of that limitation, but
lets face it RISC OS is so archiac  it's a wonder its clipboard can do
anything here in 2012.

Windows is supposed to have a rather more sophisticated set of Clipboard
hooks, so I just expect apps running under windows to do what they are
supposed to.

Damit all... I can copy and paste a jpeg out of a frame in Word and paste
it into  Win OvPro, but I can't do the reverse with the exact same jpeg.

I've got enough problems as it is sorting her problems, without this one
making everything even more difficult.

It's enough to start a fella back into grumpy mode. ;-)

Dave

--

Dave Triffid