[softwarelist] Re: Copying a Jpeg graphic to the Clipboard on Win OvPro

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 14:39:22 +0100

In article <52ac87d812dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can copy and paste a graphic from one OvPro document to another
> OvPro document.

> I cannot copy a graphic from a Windows Ovation Pro document (To the
> global clipboard) and paste into a similar type application.

Are you sure Paul isn't on the right track. I don't use Win OPro, but
on ROS, when you copy and paste a frame with a graphic, it is the
frame that is copy/pasted, not the independent graphic. This is true
whether it is a separate frame or an embedded graphic. If Windows
operates its clipboard in a similar way, very few apps, if any, will
be able to paste an OPro frame containg a graphic - they won't know
how to extract the actual graphic data.

On RISC OS you cannot copy/paste an OPro graphic frame into an
Impression document or TechWriter document and vice versa. I have
just tried it now.

--
        Chris Johnson