[softwarelist] Re: Copying a Jpeg graphic to the Clipboard on Win OvPro

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 11:37:01 +0100

In article <52ac7a2391Paul@xxxxxxxx>,
   Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <52ac78e462dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Something that became apparent during my work relating to the "Age old
> > problem" thread, that using Win OvPro I couldn't copy a jpeg graphic
> > out of OvPro and paste it in another, similar app. (Works Ov to Ov,
> > but not externally.

> When you say "it works from Ov to Ov", you probably mean that you could
> copy the frame that contained the JPEG. If you want to copy the JPEG to
> another program, either in RISC OS or in Windows, you'll need a menu
> route: Click on the frame that contains the JPEG and click the MENU
> button. Follow File -> Save picture -> ... and drag the icon to the
> desired location.

> Kind regards,
> Paul Sprangers

Sorry Paul you've lost me, but thanks for the thought anyway.

In Win OvPro (Unlike RO OvPro) you don't get a Save icon to drag anywhere.

Of course after it's been saved to a filer window it (The file) can then
be dragged into another app, but that's not the problem.

Ov Pro for Widows doesn't even have a Context menu button (Rh mouse
button) so I'm guessing you misunderstood my question.

Windows Ovation Pro. (In the subject line).
I can copy and paste a graphic from one OvPro document to another OvPro
document.
I cannot copy a graphic from a Windows Ovation Pro document (To the global
clipboard) and paste into a similar type application.

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid