[softwarelist] Re: Copy 'n paste

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:41:20 +0200

In message <K1HoU7AY+FcKFwgp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <50824bb934dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>Is a solution in the pipeline?

> I guess I'd better look.

> I wasn't enthusiastic about having to sort things out with the clipboard
> a few years back, now all that has been suggested is putting things back
> how they were before that - so we can guarantee someone will be unhappy.

I have just looked at the change logs and the only thing that needs to
be undone is the change in 2.77f to always default to plain text when
copying to the clipboard. That decision cripples OP's use of the
global clipboard while not offering any significant benefits. Apart
from that you have made some useful corrections to clipboard handling
since the 2006 version of 2.77.

Martin