[softwarelist] Re: Colour in Black and White prints

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:22:35 +0200

In article <a99dd79352.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm still at a loss about why it only appears on odd (or was it even?)
> frames.

It's the odd frames, but then exclusively the page number frame. The text
frame on the same master page, with the same white fill, is doing fine.

> I'd be inclined to print to PostScript, using PS3, and examine the
> PostScript for those page number frames.

I've done that, but I can't find any colour, just as in the PDF file (which
has actually been generated with the same PS3 driver, isn't it?), or in the
original OvationPro document.

> Can you strip the document down to just the page number frames and
> reproduce the problem?

I could do that, but the problem is that currently the only one who is able
to see whether the problem is reproduced, is my printer - and I rather
don't bother the poor man too much, since he's already been quite busy
removing that dreaded fill.

> That's baffling. It almost suggests the printer is doing some
> processing first. I wonder whether he's actually using Acrobat rather
> than Reader?

That's what I suspected as well, but he states that he's just using Acrobat
Reader, albeit on a Mac. Could that make some difference, perhaps?

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers