[softwarelist] Re: Colour in Black and White prints

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 20:35:49 +0100

On 22 May, Paul Sprangers wrote in message
    <5293cd5e5ePaul@xxxxxxxx>:

> Anyhow, I've sent a PDF file of a OvationPro document to the print shop.
> The cover is full colour, the inside is black and white. Nevertheless,
> some frames in the inside, particularly the page number frames, appear to
> have a very faint yellow fill. It's not visible in the OvationPro
> original, nor in the PDF file when I examine that one with any of the PDF
> viewers that come with RISC OS, but it is visible at the printers side. He
> has sent me some screen shots of the output as an evidence.
>
> But things get stranger: since I had to make the full colour cover
> separately anyway, I thought that generating the inside with the 'Colour'
> button switched off (in the PrintPDF driver) would solve the problem. Not
> so. It did solve the problem for the even page numbers, but the odd pages
> still have that faint shade of yellow fill! Does anyone has an explanation
> for this?

What PS driver are you using to feed data to PrintPDF, and what optimization
settings are you using?

If you're using PS3, have a read of the PS3 manual, in particular the bit
about PrintPDF at the top of section 3.  You might find that if you follow
the advice on settings, the problem will disappear.  Martin has explained it
on this list before, IIRC.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/