[softwarelist] Broken frame in O-Pro

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 15:56:00 +0100

I've just hit what appears to be a corrupt frame in an O-Pro document.  The
frame contains a bitmap, and has (or had) a polygon outline.  I edited it, and
it displayed fine.  Then a couple of minutes later, O-Pro reported "Bad path
element" and shrank its window down to nothing (which IIRC is what it does
when it hits a redraw error).

After a lot of messing around, I finally tracked the problem down to the one
frame.  It displays OK if guidelines are off, but gives the above error if
they are on.  The frame can not be selected with the mouse, so it seems that
it can't be deleted (in the end I moved the rest of the page contents onto
the pasteboard, deleted the page, inserted a new one, and rebuilt the layout).

I've no idea if it will be of any use or interest to David, but I've put a
copy of the page up on the web at

  http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~sfryatt/temp/op-doc.zip

I don't remember exactly what I did to cause the problem, although it wasn't
anything out of the ordinary as far as I know, so there may not much be that
much to learn from the file.  The frame in question is bottom-left on the
page, and contains the G/spanner/cog logo.

O-Pro for RISC OS, 2.77 (14 Jan 2009), on RISC OS 5.14, for what it's worth.

(That webspace may disappear suddenly, without warning.  If it does, I'll
stick the file up somewhere else if anyone is still interested by then.)

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/