[softwarelist] Re: Automatic line numbering?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:52:29 +0100

Hi Robin,

On 29/07/2015 12:37, Robin Phillips wrote:

Can you tell me if there exists a similar function to count the LINES
through the poem?

Text->Format->Auto insert

This is all to do with automatically generating bullet points or section numbers.

The advantage of this method is that it updates as you change the text. I've no doubt one could write a script that went through the text inserting numbers.

Tricks also spring to mind like one lot of frames with the text in, and a parallel set with auto-numbered lines in. To sort out numbering every 5th line. Although if you set out your poems in verses - split by new paragraph markers you won't have this problem.

Manual - it depends. Are you using RISC OS or Windows, are you using the Beebug manual from circa 1996 or the new manual that was on the RISC OS CD upgrade.

The Windows manual is online

www.davidpilling.com/cd

The latest RISC OS manual is on the CD.

www.davidpilling.com