[softwarelist] Re: Archiving RISC PC

  • From: M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 10:56:30 +0000 (GMT)

In article <18eb09b3$c216853$99ba247$@com>,
   Nobilangelo <nobilangelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The trick is to store them upside-down, then leaking batteries
> don't zap the motherboard.

Now why didn't I think of that? When I put the Xmas decorations away
in the loft I'll make sure the ancient SA-RPC's upside down. On the
other hand I'm not sure why I'm even keeping it since it's replaced
by a Kinetic RPC and by 2 VRPCs. (That's belt, braces and a piece of
string.)

The Kinetic RPC was supplied by CJE Micros 2nd-hand, with their
modification of a battery which is taken outside the motherboard to
avoid this problem.

Michael Harding
Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding   riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx