[softwarelist] Re: An OvPro Question

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:09:32 +0100

In article <55D70D66.1070504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

On 20/08/2015 16:40, David Pilling wrote:
Thanks. Obviously a bug in the Windows version - there's a right
answer, if you make an arrow head 8 times the width of a line, it
should be visibly 8 times the width, and it is not in your Windows
document.

There's a problem, yes there's a bug in the Windows version, however it
is not in entering the end caps width/height (which would be trivially
fixable), it is in rendering the caps.

The problem is if I fix the render problem, every existing Windows
document will immediately have arrow heads much bigger than the last
time it was rendered.

It seems to me the height is off by a factor of 2 and the width by 4.

Amazing that 10 years could pass and Dave is the first person to spot
this. Also hard to believe it did not show up in my testing, getting
line rendering right took some effort.

Possibly all the testing was done with Draw files

...and that was this weeks 2 hours spent on RISC OS software.

Well, I thank you for your efforts David. :-)

Thinking about it... I did notice that anomaly some years ago but never
bothered commenting on it, as back then I was mostly using RISC OS OvPro
to construct my documents and only very occasionally using the Win OvPro.
It is only in recent times (Couple of years) I've taken to doing all the
document construction on the Win side.

So I guess, the bottom line question is... Are you going to fix or maybe
not bother?

If there's a vote, I'm for Yes please, fix it. (If the correction causes a
problem, then I'll just go through my OvPro documents and sort it).

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid