[softwarelist] Re: An OvPro Question

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:03:17 +0100

In article <55D79F92.2090209@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Dave,

On 21/08/2015 21:24, Dave Symes wrote:
When constructing pointers I always use a line width of 0.50 so in Win
OvPro if I stick to creating the cap at width 2 and length 4 then the
arrows in both Win and RISC OS versions will be the same size.

Why is that?

I've tried this, and it seems to be true, a line with those dimensions
is the same in OP RISC OS and Windows.

I've not tracked down the bug - doing so would explain everything -
maybe this is another clue.

Indeedy...

But just being a user (Maybe abuser) of software, I have to rely on you
experts for an answer. ;-)

Obviously I know nothing about how this all works in the code behind the
UI, but from the front end my experience is this.

There's something weird going on, to say the least...
An arrow created in Windows OvPro at .50 W2 L4 when taken to RO OvPro
displays as near as damit the same size.

However an arrow created in RO OvPro at .50 W2 L4 and taken to Win OvPro
shows up giant.

And it doesn't matter what size the triangle cap is given in RO, when
taken to Win OvPro is giant.

You only have to select the triangle endcap, even with W1 and L1
then take to Win OvPro and it's giant.

And as you've pointed out...
It doesn't matter what size is set when constructing in Win OvPro, it
doesn't take any notice of it.
There just seems to be some auto "thing" going on"

For example and fun, I create a 0.50 line, I add a triangle cap with W=0
and L=0 yes that's correct 0,0

Guess what happens when I open that in Win OvPro...
A normal line and a giant arrow.

I can assure you, in RISC OS OvPro there is no arrow on the end of the
line, as I've zoomed in on it and looked.
Ooer!
Like I say, I know nuffink! and my brain hurts... ;-)

Dave

So RISC OS OvPro reads the arrow configs but Win OvPro doesn't, but puts
an arrow there anyway.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid